QLabs Virtual Experiments
2.12 (Thursday, October 21, 2021)
This release adds support for MATLAB Simulink 2021b and includes QUARC Home 2021 SP1. We also fixed a couple of important bugs:
- We improved the AERO dynamics to capture some missing behaviour. This version was built using Simscape and significantly improves the accuracy of the model.
- The QBot 2e environment has been updated to make lab activities easier without moving the robot around the space.
2.11 (Wednesday, April 21, 2021)
This release adds support for MATLAB Simulink 2021a. We also fixed a couple of important bugs:
- We have updated some model parameters to make the QUBE-Servo 2 behaviour more consistent across the QLabs Controls servo activities
- We improved the AERO dynamics to capture some missing behaviour and to fix an issue with the way the thruster model handled with the two propellor options.
2.10 (Friday, January 29, 2021)
This release fixes a couple of important bugs
- An issue was preventing content from disappearing when the associated academic sessions ended. We hope you enjoyed the extended free trials, sorry for the confusion this may have caused.
- A bug in the physics engine was causing bottles used in the McMaster Pivot content to fly around the room unexpectedly. They should be better behaved now.
- The updated physics engine offers more stability, and should not change the behaviour of any of the virtual experiments
2.9 (Friday, January 8, 2021)
This was a patch to the previous release to fix some bugs in the dynamic model of the QLabs Virtual AERO.The performance of the virtual AERO should now be more aligned to the physical system.
2.8 (Friday, December 18, 2020)
This is a significant release involving performance upgrades to all virtual experiments. This version is not backwards compatible with previous versions of the Quanser Virtual Experiments courseware.
- Updated the version of QUARC Home to take advantage of Simulink performance enhancements
- Updated lighting for virtual experiments
- QArm now features collision detection
- All curriculum resources were updated to take advantage of new synchronize overflow setting in the HIL Read Timebase block
- Updated dynamic model of QLabs Virtual Flexible Link and added an IMU model to the QLabs Virtual AERO
- Other miscallanious bug fixes
3.5.0 (Friday, January 29, 2021)
This release fixed a few minor bugs, and created these nifty release notes
- Fixed some CSS issues
- Fixed a problem with searching tables
- Fixed some bugs and added features to the administrative utilities
3.4.5 (Monday, January 11, 2021)
This is a very important release for large sessions and administrators. We have completely rebuilt the table system to be faster, stronger, more handsome, and less likely to completely stall the page on load. We hope you enjoy the performance enhancement as much as we do.
220.127.116.115 (Thursday, February 18, 2021)
This release was a behind-the-scenes update to fix a few bugs and improve the performance of the library.
- The Moment of Inertia cover image was not loading properly
- Overhauled the library loader
- Other miscellaneous improvements